Wednesday, April 25, 2007

CAN’T WAIT TO FINALLY GET OUT OF THE PHILIPPINES


This will be a series of not so good experiences in my life living in the Philippines.

Come to think of it, besides Manny Pacquiao and Boracay, there is nothing that we could really be proud of as Filipinos. I think a lot will agree with me on this. Don’t you? Come on, don’t kid yourself. I am 100% sure that at least once you have thought that life would have been much much better if you were born not as a Filipino or at least if you were in some rich foreign land and earning maybe ten or twenty times as much as you are earning here.

With all that brains and talent, would you really settle for the Philippines - a country asking so much and yet not at all willing to give what’s due you? Don’t get me wrong though, some people get paid well here. That is, if you are an actor or a politician or an actor-politician.

No wonder so many Filipinos are abroad, where their work is appreciated and their worth recognized.

Given the chance, I too would definitely board the first plane outta here and choose a better life outside.

Can we ever stop Filipinos from seeking better fortune abroad? I don’t think so, not unless we all become actors or politicians or actor-politicians.

0 comments: