Tuesday, May 22, 2007

BLOG REALIZATIONS

It’s been quite a bit since I first entered the blogosphere. I can still remember my first steps into it. Most of them fell on pot holes, however.
I spent some time to think about where I went wrong. I thought about things I should have and should not have done and so here I am with a few of my realizations:

a) Nobody really wants to read about sob stories
There I was pouring my heart out about how crazy politics is, how I missed my cat and how I hated vegetables but no one seemed to care. After some thought, I realized I couldn’t blame them. After all, we each have our own problems and listening to someone rant about how pathetic his existence is would most definitely not be a good way to spend time when you could have been learning how to get a better job or even how to improve your blog.
Instead, work on how to make your blog more enjoyable. This is probably the reason why I, as well as a lot of readers, keep on returning to Kumiko’s page (See Link).

b) Blogging is a lot of hard work
Sure, you just fill a blank screen with your ideas and then it’s done. It’s that simple, huh? Then what? Of course you would want others to read about your stuff. How to this is the hard part. Traffic is a key element to sustain a blog. Without it, most blogs just wither and die.

c) A lot of luck is involved
Out of the many blogs out there, nobody can really tell which ones would be successful. For instance, a lot a blogs may cover a particular area but by some weird chance, it’s your blog that John Chow saw first, liked and eventually linked. Lucky you! A lot of luck is definitely involved. Any blogger who would say otherwise would most probably be lying.

d) Most importantly, if money is your primary objective, blogging becomes so darn difficult
This is probably the biggest mistake I made. I was blogging for the sole purpose of making money. I can still remember how it would hurt to have written so hard and at the end of the day discover that you’ve earned a total of $0.00. Ouch! Remember, though, that if you write right, money will come.

0 comments: